Auxiliary Cable

The Music of Today for the People of Tomorrow

First things first, we overcame Vinyl in page views! However, they're 5 views behind us and quickly gaining, so if your finger just happens to slip and press F5, we won't blame you (;

Secondly, Taylor Swift is fantastic. Over the weekend, I realized just how little people know about her songs, so I'll dissect one of her songs for you (:

Fifteen

Fifteen has got to be Taylor Swift's most misinterpreted songs. When I turned 15, I had at least 8 people run up to me and say, "Happy 15th birthday! Taylor Swift wrote a song about this year, so it's gonna be awesome"

And I just smile and nod my head as if they're right.

Guess what? Fifteen is actually one of her most depressing songs. Here are a few quotes:

"but in your life you'll do greater things than dating the boy on the football team, I didn't know it at fifteen"
"wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now"
"all you wanted was to be wanted"
"Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind, we both cried"

Yep. Fifteen is a song about Taylor being a freshman and meeting her new friend Abigail. And then Abigail loses her virginity to a guy who changes his mind, and doesn't love her anymore.

So please, if you have a friend who's a Taylor Swift fan, and it's his/her 15th birthday, DO NOT tell them it'll be a good year because of "Fifteen". They will understand the song, and not understand your comment xD

<3 Nat

**alsooooo: should I do more of her songs? :D

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous On May 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM

    Thank you! So many people don't understand her songs.

     

Post a Comment