Auxiliary Cable

The Music of Today for the People of Tomorrow


Hey guys, I’m sure all of you know by now that South by Southwest (SXSW) is staring up again this weekend in Austin, and since our magazine is from Austin, I’ve decided to give you guys a little heads up on the SXSW music scene this year.
At the moment SXSW is planning on presenting over 100 bands from around the world on 80 stages from March 15 to March 20. Sadly, this means that multiple shows will be going on at the same time so make sure to choose wisely and go to the show you want. Here are the bands scheduled to play and when they are playing. Now, I know a lot of you are thinking, “Yo Juumbie, I only got like, twenty bucks on me. How am I suppose to pay for my pass?” Well, don’t fret my little ducklings, SXSW also has some scheduled free acts at Auditorium Shore  that feature cool bands like Bowling for Soup, The Strokes, and Blue October. For a full schedule of free shows visit here. For those of you who have the money to attend all the shows, one, I am insanely jealous of you, and two, I have the link for the full price ranges of SXSW passes. Just click here. These prices are pretty high but are worth every penny. SXSW is an experience too amazing to miss out on!
Alright guys, that’s the last of what i wanted to say about that. I hope many of you will be able to attend this year, I highly recommend it. Although this would be my first year attending, I’ve had many friends go and SXSW truly is a scene you don’t want to miss out on, it would be like missing out on the birth of yo’ child! But seriously, this is an event that brings great new music to your ears and gives you new insight to your musical taste.  If you guys have any more questions, please go to the SXSW website, which I made clickable here.

Motorhead at SXSW 2008
.


Have fun and stay safe!

- Juumbie

Picture Provided by kk+on Flickr

(0) Comments

Post a Comment