Auxiliary Cable

The Music of Today for the People of Tomorrow

Meet my future husband, Callan McAuliffe

He's an Australian actor, recently seen in "I Am Number Four" and "Flipped".
He's sort of.... amazing (:

Anyways, for those of you who are fans of the "Hunger Games" book series, it's set to come out on the big screen March 23, 2012. When I heard this, I freaked out.

"CALLAN FOR PEETA! CALLAN FOR PEETA! CALLAN FOR PEETA!"
Those were the only words I could say for the following weeks. Imagine my distraught when I found out Josh Hutcherson was playing Peeta. Yes, the boy from "Bridge to Teribithia". Here's a nice picture of him.


Oh... wait a second.. WHY IS HE PLAYING PEETA?! HE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE PEETA. PEETA IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THIS:


Blonde hair, pointed face, the whole shebang. The world went crazy. Fan pages, comment sections of news articles, etc were filled with "OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE CASTING DIRECTOR."

Moving on.
They also cast Gale (Katniss's other love interest). Who did they choose for the brown haired, brown eyed hunter that supported his large family since age 12? LIAM FREAKING HENSWORTH FROM "The Last Song" WITH MILEY CYRUS. Am I the only one confused here?!



And Katniss, the main character. Described as "olive skinned", "dark haired", and small/petite. Here's the lovely actor:

Sighh.... I give up. Katniss is a young hunter as well, not one of the more "sexy" tributes from District 2. She's a little girl! And here's what Katniss is supposed to look like:


Just one more thing....
Peeta and Katniss are supposed to be sixteen. SIXTEEN. I have no idea how they're going to pull that off (especially the girl actress, Jennifer). Gale is supposed to be eighteen.

I'm in a little bit of an outrage, though its a tad calmer now (:
The rest of the castings were good: age-appropriate, with correct skin/hair color, and with the acting chops (:

Sorry for the excessive use of images. I felt it'd put a better picture across if you could actually see the actors and the people they are playing.

So-- how do you feel about the casting? Are you as outraged as me? Think the actors can pull it off? Comment! (To comment, click the "** comments" under the title and scroll down).

Thanks guys, and talk to y'all later!
<3 Nat


(8) Comments

  1. Noreen On April 25, 2011 at 7:20 PM

    cooool

     
    Vinyl Staff On April 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM

    I agree that the casting was pretty messed up. I'm not superduper in the Hunger Games but I did think they were good books and when I saw the girl playing Katniss I was like WHAAA? It seems like they're trying to give her sex appeal or something, which is like the complete opposite of her character. Personally, I thought Kaya Scodelario from Skins UK would've been the best.

     
    Vinyl Staff On April 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM

    -Clyde

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 26, 2011 at 2:31 PM

    Yeah! She would've been great! (:

    -nat

     
    Stell On April 26, 2011 at 4:56 PM

    I'm really surprised with the Katniss casting. I agree with Clyde, she looks way too sexy for a malnourished 16 year old.

    -stell

     
    Corey the D man On April 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM

    OMGOMG i cannot believe that they are going to mess this up for all of the hunger games fans. ugh well maybe it will exeed our expectations

     
    Natalie Tsai On April 29, 2011 at 5:16 PM

    Hahahahh, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic and mocking my complete obsession with the Hunger Games.

    I'll pretend you were serious:

    I KNOW, RIGHT?! It's like, the producers get the best books to work with, and they screw up the cast so badly?! I'm upset.

    -nat

     
    nat On May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

    sorry some of the pictures aren't working.

     

Post a Comment