Auxiliary Cable

The Music of Today for the People of Tomorrow

Descriptive - By day, Jay Robillard works as an electrician in Austin. As he flips switches and replaces fuses, music runs through his head - from exotic lounge music, to 80’s punk alternative, to pop orchetra.

Descriptive -  Jay Robillard does not know exactly how many records he has in his collection -- but he thinks its around 20,000.

Narrative - KOOP radio was born out of a bet between friends.

Direct Quote - “This is what I want to do for a living,” Jay Robillard said to himself when his parents took them to their radio station as a child and let him watch the DJs. 

-Fly on the Wall

(10) Comments

  1. Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM

    I really like the third and fourth lead the best. I think you should make it a bit longer though, unless you keep explaining what you wrote soon after wards. Good job though.

    -Juumbie

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:40 AM

    On one--so is he an electrician or a DJ? One and three are my votes, though I agree that they all might need to be longer to really get an idea of what's going on. What bet? Sounds like a good story, but having not heard the story, I can't really say.

    Question--where are you going with the second one? It could be the most interesting--I mean, that's a /lot/ of records--but without an idea of what's coming next, it's hard to tell.

    So... yeah. One/three/lengthen. #nutshell

    --IBI

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM

    I like the two descriptive leads best, specifically the first one. The third also has potential, if you lengthen it a bit.

    ~ OMO

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM

    I'm really interested in the third one, but I feel like you need to elaborate more.

    - EJE

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    The second and third are the most attention-grabbing and surprising. They really make me want to read more of your story!!
    -Clyde

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM

    I don't get the 1st until i read the rest. The second one too but adds interest with the 20,000. The 3rd doesn't really tell me anything. Maybe combine some.

    -Yahir

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM

    You need to elaborate a lot more... Like, 1 sentence don't really tell me anything bout the story.

    I prefer number 3, it seems to be building up into something cool

    btw, number 1 is kinda disjointed as you say by the day but then leave the reader hanging...

    daniel

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM

    The third one is really interesting, and to the point. It really draws the reader in, I recommend that one.

    -Ishaan

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 11, 2011 at 10:36 AM

    I like your descriptive one (the second one)! The narrative is also intriguing, but might not give enough information.

    -Nat Attack

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM

    All of these leads needed to be lengthened some. The first and third ones work the best out of the small sample shown.

    --
    Quaver from Aux Cable

     

Post a Comment