Auxiliary Cable

The Music of Today for the People of Tomorrow

Music Videos

5:46 PM 2 comments

What is going on with everyone? How's life?

Everything at Aux Cable is going good, we're up and runnin' with our magazine. We're almost done with our feature stories, so, expect those soon. Anyway, I was walking around my neighborhood thinking about stuff; school, friends, family, how the second tissue comes up after you pull the first, and it then occurred to me that I needed a blog for today. I wasn't too sure of what I wanted to write about so I kept walking, and that's when the thought hit me. I saw some kids dancing and it reminded me of my favorite dancers (I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT those DANCERS, I mean legit dancers who dance in competitions) and they're music videos and how awesome they look. That's when I was like "You know what? Those dances are cool and they totally go with the song so I'm gonna go home and watch them cool vids (that's right, I said them, you mad???) and admire them. " But you know what you guys, a lot of American songs don't contain legit dancing, because artists don't do that here in America. Instead they run through glitter and/or wave their arms around in front of cameras, so I admired some of my favorie Korean videos with their complicated dancing and what not. 

First off, there's Mirotic by DBSK. 

Now, these guys might look weird from a Westerner's perspective, but this sells in Korea. So, onto the dance. THIS DANCE WRECKS. There's everything, foot work, hand motions, in sync moves. What's even greater is that even through these strenuous moves, they can still hit those notes live, which is amazing in comparison to the artists today that can't even hold the same pitch while walking on stage.


Second, there's Replay by SHINee (that's right, double 'e')

Never in my life have I been so jealous of people who can dance than when I watched this video. Honestly, the way they move across that floor, it's like they are gliding you guys. Gliding. It's interesting though, the way they portray the words (I'm talking about the English ones) in their dance. Especially the 'Replay~' part and they do the hand moves as if they were record players. The song is just a bonus too. Amazing.

Third, there's Neorego by Super Junior

Now, I'm not a big fan of Super Junior, but I really do like their choreography and their ability to stay in sync with each other even though they are a big group.

Then there's Wrong Number by DBSK

This dance is really good and the choreography fits the tone and feel of the song really well. Look at that fancy footwork! 
  
Lastly, Breathe by Miss A

A lot of the female dance groups do dances that aren't straining, but are sensual to match their image, but Miss A somehow do both at the same time. Their moves might not seem difficult, but when you actually try it, they can be pretty hard to match.

Now you guys, I'm not saying that these are the top dances, because I'm sure better ones (if only a few) can be found that top these, but these are some of the best. No harm done, right?

For those of you that i didn't entertain well enough...I'm not sure of what to say, so here's Andy Warhol Banana by Andy Warhol. Admire it.

Photo provided by Maniasmias at Blogspot.com


(2) Comments

  1. Natalie Tsai On April 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM

    ahahaahh, //those// dancers xD

    I loveee all these asian dancers. but... YOU FORGOT SORRY BY SUPERJUNIOR. LOVE.

    <3 nat

     
    Jade On May 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM

    I LOVE ALL THESE PEOPLE. I KNOW THE DANCE TO ALL OF THEM. And I just feel like ranting right now. :P
    For DBSK -Mirotic
    This song is so slick. They tried making a tough image this time. Apparently they worked out and everything to get this album in. I like their arm movements the most. I remember I had to learn this dance and I could never be about to move the arms like theirs. It would be FAST then slow. THEN FAST. They like to move around a lot which it really hard because Korean singers have to preform while singing and dancing. Just dancing to this song makes me run out of breath.
    For SHINee- Replay
    This song is so cute. Most likely, Taemin. Of course. His dancing is so smooth. This has a lot of leg movements. Especially the "noonan nuhmuh yepuh" part. Nobody can copy SHINee. They are getting better and better. They'll probably be the next big generation.
    Super Junior-
    Ehh I hate them. They have a lot of members which confuses me every time. Hate hate.
    DBSK- WRONG NUMBER
    YOU GOT THE WRONG NUMBER SO DON'T CALL ME NO MORE.
    PURE AMAZING-NESS. YOU CANNOT HATE ON DBSK. OR JAEJOONG IN THIS CASE. DBSK IS THE BEST THING CREATED IN MY LIFE. :D
    miss A- I'll rant about this some other time. I'm so tired now. :D

     

Post a Comment