Auxiliary Cable

The Music of Today for the People of Tomorrow

Leads:

Daniel Chen had a wife and two small children. But he still felt empty. Every night after work, he would come home and get a beer from the fridge as his family sadly watched. He was depressed, and he was desperate to find a way out.

Description:
Thousands of eyes are closing. Hands are raised as if pushing through the ceiling. People laugh, cry, and dance. Tonight, nobody cares about how they’re thought of. For them, it’s all about God.

Direct Quote:
“Worship is more about the heart more than the music itself,” said high school sophomore Emily Wong. 


Which lead do you like best? Tell me how to fix and improve them, please! :3


<3 Nat

(13) Comments

  1. Vinyl Staff On April 8, 2011 at 10:49 AM

    I really like the second one. It's more powerful and shows how special/out of the ordinary this situation is.
    -Clyde

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM

    I like #2 the most. It's emotional and gets the reader interested in the story.

    I also like #3.

    #1 is depressing. But if you re-word it a bit, I think it could be a great lead.

    -Fly on the Wall

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM

    I like the second lead the most. It really paints a picture in my head and hooks me in when I read it. The third one doesn't seem powerful enough to be a direct quote though.

    -Juumbie

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM

    Love the second. It's got a great twist to it, since it seems like it's going to be a rave party or whatever, and then it's like... church 'n' stuff. Makes me want to read the article more than the others.

    Also, agree with the person above me--it's like, "Okay, so, why is this in a music magazine if it's not about the music, then?"

    Two extra comments for the price of one critiquing--1. I love your keyboard, too, and may steal it instead, and 2. ...I forgot.

    OUT OF TIME.

    --IBI

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM

    I like the second lead the best. I don't think the direct quote in the third lead is powerful enough to use as a lead, but you should definitely put it somewhere else in the story.

    ~ OMO

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    The second one is AWESOME. It's really interesting.

    - EJE

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM

    2nd one caught my attention. So it has to be good.

    -Yahir

     
    Ezine On April 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM

    I'm with the rest of your class (peer pressure!), but really, I agree that the second one is best since it paints a scene that I can see in my head.

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM

    number 2, sounds powerful

    number 1 is... depressing

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM

    daniel

     
    NOW On April 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    The second one is the best, it sets up the scene and makes you want to read more.

     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
     
    Auxiliary Cable On April 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM

    Second one works beautifully.

    --
    Quaver of Aux Cable

     

Post a Comment